Salary Annual From: $45000 To: $80000
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
This position will be responsible for leading inspection of pre-assembled and partially or fully assembled aircraft parts and/or structures.
- Able to interpret customer purchase orders, blueprints, engineering drawings, etc. and assist production in meeting customer requirements.
- Responsible for internal auditing of the AS9100 Quality Management System, and for auditing certified and non-certified vendors and suppliers.
- Responsible for managing and updating FAA Repair Station documentation, procedures, and technical publications.
- Understanding of metal fabrication fundamentals
- Ability to handle multiple assignments within the same period.
- Inspector will assist production personnel in establishing and documenting inspection criteria, prepares parts and documentation to meet outside criteria, and completes all required quality documentation.
- Able to work and communicate effectively with co-workers, customers, and other external contacts.
- Performs duties accurately and ability to meet deadlines.
- Work under minimal direction.
- Will participate in problem solving teams as requested, must be able to work in all areas as assigned, be able to read and understand work orders and procedures, follows inspection assignments and completes by the appropriate due dates.
- Use tools and methods to ensure quality - including use of gauges, scale, calipers, and other measuring equipment to check part integrity.
- Excellent written and verbal English communications skills
In all actions, supports companies Quality Policy, Objectives, Mission Statement and other policies and procedures by supporting our commitment to total customer satisfaction, quality products and services, continuous improvement, on-time delivery, safety, and respect for people.
Education and/or Work Experience Required:
3 years experience in the manufacture of sheet metal parts and/or assemblies for the aerospace industry.
2 year Associates Degree or Technical Training in Aerospace Industry; or comparable related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Minimum Computer Skills:
Able to successfully navigate a personal computer and utilize Microsoft Word (reporting & quality forms and documents), Microsoft PowerPoint (include the ability to incorporate product photographs), Microsoft Excel (use for statistical data and spreadsheets).
Please reference Avjobs when applying for this position.